The OU Careers and Employability Service aims to build effective relationships with employers, raise employers' awareness of our students' potential and facilitate lines of communication between employers and applicants from The Open University.
We work with regional, national and international employers to help OU students and graduates find employment and relevant work experience. By working in close partnership with you, we can help you meet your recruitment needs and help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
We can help you to:
- Advertise vacancies through our free vacancy service in partnership with Graduate Prospects. Follow the link to register and enter details of your vacancies. Please note: We adhere to the AGCAS Codes of Practice on Recruitment.
- Raise your profile with OU students by having a free entry on our online Employer Showcase, giving a brief profile of your company and a link to your graduate recruitment website. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Interact with OU students via online forums and webinars where there are opportunities for employers to answer students’ queries. The technology is simple to use, participation is free and they are an excellent opportunity to interact with students at a distance without the need for travel and at a time to suit you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Provide video/audio clips or quotes for our website and/or publications. There are opportunities to produce filmed interviews on careers-related topics for our website and to provide quotes about the value of Open University students to your organisation. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Use case studies of OU graduates working for you to inspire others and encourage them to find out more about your organisation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Advertise your recruitment or specialised industry-related events on the News feature on our website. You can email details to email@example.com.
- Contact academic departments to help you engage with them in relation to input into courses or for the purposes of recruitment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.