To get quickly to any web page, put a shortcut on your desk-top in one of these ways.
- Arrange your browser window so that you can also see your desktop (see step 1 of 'Resizing a window' for help on how to do this).
- Point at the icon next to the URL, then click and hold down your mouse button.
- Still holding down the mouse button, drag across to the desktop and let go.
Once you have created the short-cut, double-clicking on the icon at any time will open the URL. If you are not already connected to the internet, your computer will launch a web connection and web browser.
- Follow the steps written above to create a shortcut on your desktop for this page 'URL short-cut'.
- Once created, open the short-cut.
- If you do not wish to close your browser, simply double click on your newly created short-cut and it will open a duplicate page to this one.